Day 1: January 17
Lamp Lighting & Introductory Remarks by Prabhu Chawla, TNIE Editorial Director;
Welcome Address by D Jayakumar, Minister for Fisheries, Tamil Nadu;
Keynote Address by M Venkaiah Naidu, Vice-President of India
What should India's new Education Policy look like?
- Anita Rampal, Professor, Education Dept, Delhi University
- Rajiv Mathur, Senior Head, Skill Advisory Services, NSDC
- Sunil Paliwal, Principal Secretary, Higher Education, Tamil Nadu
- Chair: S Vaidhyasubramaniam, Dean, SASTRA University
How do you tap technology to help non-urban areas prosper economically?
- Bhaskar Ramamurthi, Director, IIT Madras
- Hemalatha Annamalai, CEO, Ampere Vehicles
- Meghdut Roy Chowdhury, Director, Global Operations, Techno India Group
- Chair: Sanjay Vijayakumar Chairman, Start Up Village
How do we give cultural soft skills a hard push?
- K Pandiarajan, Minister for Language and Culture, Tamil Nadu
- Dinesh Singh, former Vice-Chancellor, Delhi University
- Sunaina Singh, Vice-Chancellor, Nalanda University
- Chair: Ritu Anand, Senior VP & Deputy Head - Global HR, TCS
Do we need more Indian-educated economists
- Jairam Ramesh, former Union minister
- Praveen Chakravarty, Resident Senior Fellow, IDFC Institute
- YV Reddy, Former Governor, RBI
- Chair: Ashwani Mahajan, National Co-Convener, Swadeshi Jagran Manch
How do we train our lawyers better?
- Faizan Mustafa, Vice-Chancellor, Nalsar
- S Prabakaran, Co-Chairman, Bar Council of India
- Sudha Ramalingam, Senior Advocate & Law Professor
- Chair: R. Venkata Rao, Chancellor, NLS Bangalore
Does a better education system lead to a cleaner political system?
- V Narayanasamy, Chief Minister, Puducherry
- Jayant Sinha, Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation
- Tiruchi N. Siva, Member, Rajya Sabha
- V. Maitreyan, Member, Rajya Sabha
- Chair: Prabhu Chawla, Editorial Director, TNIE
Day 2: January 18
Introductory Remarks by Prabhu Chawla, TNIE Editorial Director;
Keynote Address by Prakash Javadekar, Union HRD minister
How do you train students for Innovation & Leadership?
- Kiran Bedi, Puducherry Lt Governor
- Debashis Chatterjee, D-G, International Management Institute, ND
- Chair: Rajeev Srinivasan, Adjunct Faculty, IIM-B
How do you prepare for the workplace of the future?
- Dhruv Galgotia, CEO, Galgotias University
- Parmesh Shahani, Head, Godrej India Culture Lab
- Rama Kirloskar, Managing Director, Kirloskar Ebara Pumps Limited
- Venguswamy Ramaswamy, Global Head - TCS iON
- Chair: C Velan, CEO & MD, IT Park & Regional Head, Tata Realty & Infrastructure
Does our education system encourage creativity?
Keynote Address by Smriti Z Irani, Union Minister for Textiles and I&B Followed by Interactive discussion with
- Kanimozhi, Rajya Sabha MP
- Madhur Bhandarkar, Film director & Writer
- Rajeev Sethi, Designer & Curator
Is Nationalism missing from Indian Education?
- Sugata Bose, Rajya Sabha Member & Professor, Harvard University
- Rakesh Sinha, Honorary Director, India Policy Foundation
- Zafar Sareshwala, Chancellor, Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Chair: R Vaidyanathan, Professor, Public Policy, SASTRA University
Keynote address by Swami Amritaswarupananda Puri, Vice-Chairman, Mata Amritanandamayi Math
Should cinema be tasked with the responsibility to educate?
- Arvind Swamy, actor
- Mohan Raja, director
- Chair: K Vaidiyanathan, Editor, Dinamani